Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pajama jeans?


If you know me at all, you know I am opposed to wearing any kind of leisure wear out of the house for anything not exercise (and I mean heavy exertion) related. I detest sweats or pajama pants outside the occasional Sunday afternoon. Too "gave up on life" for me. In fact, I own one pair of yoga pants and one pair of sweats that I wear when I paint. Further, sweats are all too short, but that is a separate complaint.
But, perhaps the Pajama Gram company has solved my problem with the Pajama Jean. Witness the glory here. Are we in or out here? Fashion solution or fashion nightmare? Could I shop and sleep in this?
My luck, they'd be too short anyway. Problem solved. But for anyone reading...who knows. It could make your day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these somewhere. Way out. This is "I gave up on life but am trying to trick you." Isn't the very idea of sleeping in jeans yucky?

That said, I have a pair of Levis that must be this same sort of material that is size 12 months. Perfect for babies. If your life consists entirely of crawling/sitting on the floor, you get some leway.

Lindsay said...

It's posts like these that remind me why I love your blog. How did you find these?

Amanda L said...

Oh, I should have posted the link to the story I read. Some reporter wore them for 72-hours straight to fashion week to see if they worked as sleep and work wear and how fashionistas would feel about them. Result: not horrible. I beg to differ...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Gah. Sorry about the other comment.

I just want to say:
Buy them in petite and say they're capris!

I have a pair of sweat pants that look like dress pants (as long as you can't see the waist band). I wore them to work a few times when I had physical therapy right before. Hehe. No one knew!

Also, I have a pair of slacks for work that are really stretchy and feel like maybe they should be yoga pants.

I'd say, in a professional setting (and being a woman with a fluctuating body) sometimes it's nice to give up on the world without anyone else being able to tell.

Erica said...

maybe there's a reason these are "not sold in stores and only available here!"

Our Family